Minor updates are free, but customers using version 1 or 2 must pay to upgrade to version 3. For notification of new releases, follow us on Twitter!
Version 4.0 (May 18, 2015)
- New Calibration window.
- Expanded calculated column capability with many new options.
- Ability to import much larger text files.
- New ability to hide data columns from graphs and drop-down boxes.
- Document History window now displays a complete list of configuration changes.
- New Combine Anemometers window for combining co-located anemometers.
- Easier sharing of favorite flags and flag rules within a team.
- New ability to scale (rather than lengthen) the target data set in MCP module.
- MCP performance test now compares different settings as well as different algorithms.
- MCP performance test now allows multiple iterations to help determine uncertainty.
- Vertical Extrapolation window now includes turbulence, directions, and temperatures.
- New ability to export multiple-height data to Openwind in the form of an MM2 file.
- Gap fill process now offers option of shear-based reconstruction only.
- Gap fill process now generates more realistic turbulence data.
- Turbulence Analysis window now shows data for all heights at once.
- New Representative Year module for creating 'typical year' of data.
- New Forecast Error Analysis module.
- New concurrency option on Diurnal Pattern tab.
- New ability to open ZPH files from ZephIR.
- New ability to offset direction values in TAB files.
Version 3.3.8 (February 26, 2015)
- Improved processing speed.
- Improved support for Unicode files in the import process.
- Changed TAB file export to report latitude and longitude to more decimals.
Version 3.3.7 (February 4, 2015)
- Improved gap fill algorithm's handling of long gaps.
Version 3.3.6 (January 8, 2015)
- Added ability to import Turkish MGM file format.
- Fixed bug causing occasional crash on Synthesis tab of MCP window.
- Added included and excluded flags to the header of exported time series text files.
Version 3.3.5 (October 9, 2014)
- Added Brazilian EPE export format.
- Improved flag rules to handle direction ranges spanning true north.
- Improved handling of non-Unicode language settings.
Version 3.3.4 (September 19, 2014)
- Improved Mean by Month table to show vector mean directions.
- Improved Monthly Statistics and Annual Statistics tables to show more info for direction columns.
- Improved text export from monthly and annual time series graphs.
- Eliminated risk of out-of-memory crash when saving large .windog files.
Version 3.3.3 (June 30, 2014)
- Added Weibull Statistics by Month table to the Tables tab.
- Fixed bug causing incorrect normalization in TAB files with seasonal bias removed in rare cases.
- Improved import of Vortex data files.
- Changed WindSim TWS file export to use European number format in header.
Version 3.3 (May 27, 2014)
- Added new Append Status window and made multi-file append process more robust.
- Enabled multiple-file import by dragging and dropping a folder into Windographer.
- Added menu items for Open Folder and Append Folder.
- Improved data import logic to increase robustness.
- Improved ability to handle files containing thousands of data columns.
- Improved detection of first and last line of data.
- Improved time step detection when reading NSD files.
- Improved data column type detection when reading Campbell Scientific files.
- Allowed multiple selection of flags in Define Flags and Define Favorite Flags windows.
Version 3.2 (January 16, 2014)
- Added free download of MERRA data via Windographer Data Downloader beta.
- Added scaling of TAB files to a particular wind speed.
- MCP window now allows up to twelve yearly divisions.
- Compare Data Sets window now offers option to filter for the overlap period.
- Now stack up to three time series graphs. Watch Video
- Tower Distortion Analysis window now shows differences as well as ratios.
- Made flag rules obey default flag filtering in search columns.
Version 3.1 (April 17, 2013)
- Added tabular display to the Flag Manually window.
- Added to the Flag by Scatter Plot window triangular and free-form selection options.
- Added the ability to test flag rules before executing them.
- Added the Inspect and Remove Flags window.
- Added ‘stacked bars’ wind rose style to Wind Rose tab.
- Added Export Image window.
- Added Fix Quantization window, which randomizes quantized data to improve the performance of extreme wind or MCP analyses.
- Improved Document History window: a double click now brings up a new window showing additional details.
- Improved TAB file export by reporting mean of time series and of TAB file.
- Added ability to export Windfarmer WTI files.
- Added the ability to export to SAM, the System Advisor Model.
- Added to the Delete Data window the ability to delete data points not flagged with specified flags.
- Made all flag windows warn on cancel if it will result in lost changes.
Version 3.0 (August 27, 2012)
- A new measure-correlate-predict (MCP) module
- A new Compare Data Sets window to compare graphically two or more data sets
- A new Extreme Wind Analysis window that implements the Method of Independent Storms
- A new ability to flag by scatter plot
- A new ability to define your own calculated data columns
- A greatly improved Wind Turbine Output window and expanded turbine library
- Multiple temperature and pressure sensors at different heights
- New relative humidity data column type
- Expanded database interface to handle new data column types
- New abilities to analyze wind veer, temperature profile, and long-term trends
- New minimum data coverage requirements for averaging to longer time steps
- More powerful and more flexible data import capability
Version 2.4.14 (January 8, 2015)
- Allowed import process to accept 2015 data.
Version 2.4.13 (August 23, 2013)
- Added support for Excel 2013.
Version 2.4.12 (June 20, 2013)
- Fixed bug where flag-specific data deletion ignored date range.
Version 2.4.11 (January 16, 2013)
- Allowed Tower Distortion Analysis window to analyze speed sensors at different heights.
Version 2.4.10 (October 22, 2012)
- Made optional the flagging of vertically extrapolated wind speeds as synthetic.
- Improved import of Kintech .wnd files.
- Improved detection of delimiters in imported files.
Version 2.4.9 (September 13, 2012)
- Added the ability to read .windog files created by Windographer 3.0
- Updated PDF utility to make it work with 64-bit systems
Version 2.4.8 (September 5, 2012)
- Fixed bug preventing Triton turbulence data from appearing in the Summary Report
Version 2.4.7 (June 19, 2012)
- Fixed bug causing start/middle/end-of-interval setting to apply only to first file during multiple file append process.
Version 2.4.6 (March 22, 2012)
- Added ability to import .wt files into Append Data window via Load Settings button.
- Added ‘Wind Speed Statistics for Synthesis’ table to Tables tab.
- Improved import of 3Tier and Vortex data files.
- Improved support for Oracle database integration.
- Fixed bug with “never overwrite” append setting.
- Fixed bug causing occasional mistakes when moving flags (and rules) to or from favorites.
- Fixed bug causing ‘changes more than’ search criterion to work incorrectly
Version 2.4.5 (January 6, 2012)
- Added Openwind export option.
- Allowed symbol size change in scatter plots.
- Reduced use of Windows number format to time series export only.
Version 2.4.4 (October 19, 2011)
- Improved import of Windcube data files.
Version 2.4.3 (October 3, 2011)
- Improved import of Triton data files.
- Changed TAB file export to use the dot decimal separator regardless of your Windows number format.
Version 2.4.2 (August 11, 2011)
- Added support for proxy connections for users behind firewalls.
- Fixed flag filtering bug on the Scatter Plot tab.
- Made the Export Data > Time Series tab save its settings.
Version 2.4.1 (July 20, 2011)
- Fixed bug in process of appending one .windog file to another.
- Improved export of flags to database, sending only the newly added, deleted, or modified flags.
Version 2.4 (June 30, 2011)
- Added database import/export capability.
- Added to the Histogram tab the option to bin by month or by time of day.
- Added user name to the Document History window.
- Added computer-level licensing.
- Fixed bug in WAsP algorithm for fitting Weibull distribution.
- Reduced memory requirements for the gap fill process.
Version 2.3 (May 18, 2011)
- Improved the append process by adding the Append Data window.
- Improved gap fill logic to account more accurately for diurnal and seasonal patterns.
- Added option for computer-level licensing.
- Changed export files to use the Windows number format.
- Improved image resolution of graphs in reports.
- Changed Meteodyn export to include lines with missing values and to use .tim extension.
- Fixed bug in reading of lat/long from NDF files.
- Added bin size control to Wind Shear Analysis window.
- Improved import of ZephIR data files.
Version 2.2 (December 8, 2010)
- Added Inflow Angle Analysis window.
- Added Data Recovery Analysis window.
- Improved import of Triton, ZephIR, ASC, and Windcube data files.
Version 2.1 (August 23, 2010)
- Added ability to open NDF files from the Nomad2 data logger
- Added ability to open NSD files from the NRG Symphonie data logger.
- Added option to not use fractional completeness factors in calculation of mean of monthly means.
- Improved data import.
- Added the ability to change font sizes in graphs via the Properties window.
Version 2.0 (April 30, 2010)
- New data flagging and filtering capability. Watch Video
- Improved Vertical Extrapolation module.
- New Tower Distortion Analysis module.
- New Short Time Interval Analysis module.
- Improved ability to interpret Triton SoDAR data files.
- Improved WAsP tab file export including ability to remove seasonal bias.
- Improved ability to import RWD files.
- New Meteodyn export format.
Version 1.52 (January 7, 2014)
- Fixed bug preventing earlier versions from reading 2014 data files.
Version 1.51 (October 18, 2012)
- Fixed bug in WAsP Weibull fit algorithm.
Version 1.50 (January 5, 2012)
- Fixed bug preventing version 1.49 from reading 2012 data files.
Version 1.49 (November 18, 2010)
- Fixed bug in Virtual Anemometer window causing incorrect calculations when extrapolating to multiple heights.
- Added ability to import Excel files using Excel 2010.
Version 1.48 (September 8, 2010)
- Fixed bug causing wind shear data columns to have incorrect values for time steps in which one or more wind speed sensors reported no data.
Version 1.47 (October 23, 2009)
- Improved reading of latitude and longitude from raw data files.
- Added latitude and longitude to time series export files.
- Added support for Unicode text files.
Version 1.46 (May 19, 2009)
- Fixed bug preventing time stamps from appearing in data files exported from time series graphs.
- Fixed bug that caused occasional crashes when appending data.
Version 1.45 (March 18, 2009)
- Fixed bug that caused an out-of-memory error.
- Fixed bug that prevented the automatic application of a template when appending data files.
Version 1.44 (March 12, 2009)
- Fixed bug causing scatter plot to display incorrectly when X and Y columns contained dissimilar gaps.
Version 1.43 (March 10, 2009)
- Fixed bug that disabled the File > Append button in the toolbar.
Version 1.42 (March 5, 2009)
- Fixed bug in Configure Data Set window relating to units of temperature and pressure columns.
- Fixed bug in Quality Control window preventing you from deleting the last time step.
Version 1.41 (March 2, 2009)
- Improved the ability to recognize the date format in Excel files.
Version 1.4 (February 26, 2009)
- Added the Reports tab allowing export of PDF reports.
- Added the Time Shift window.
- Improved the Wind Shear Analysis window.
- Improved the Extreme Wind Analysis window.
- Improved data import.
Version 1.3 (October 4, 2008)
- Improved Export Data window, added WindSim export formats.
- Improved Gap Fill window.
- Improved Turbulence Analysis window.
Version 1.2 (May 6, 2008)
- Improved Turbulence Analysis window to conform to IEC 61400–1 3rd Edition.
- Added TAB file export.
- Added Delete Data window.
- Added Wind Turbine Output Tool window.
- Improved data import logic.
Version 1.1 (March 12, 2007)
- Changed shear calculation to require concurrent measurements in all speed sensors.
- Added the ability to import .RWD files.
- Overhauled Quality Control window.
- Added the Tower Shading Analysis window
- Improved data import logic.
- Added turbine output window.
- Added Turbulence Analysis window.
Version 1.0 (September 26, 2005)
- Initial release.